Rivers may be simple geographical entities. But beyond that they are eloquent micro-milieus where history and stories have accumulated. The rivers Save, Kupa and Odra flow through the centre of the Croatian industrial town of Sisak. Most of the river dwellers’ lives around which Goran Dević structures his film are linked to the events of the Yugoslavian civil war and its ethnic and social conflicts. The documentary is a poetic and political study about the changeability and constancy of people and spaces in which the dividing line between the two is permanently blurred.
- DOK Leipzig, 2018 – Honorary Mention (International Premiere)
- Croatian Film Days 2019 – Best Cinematography
- UnderhillFest, Montenegro 2019 – Special Jury Mention
- DocAviv, Tel Aviv International Documentary FF 2019
- Freiburger film forum 2019
- Liburnia Film Festival 2019 – Best Directing, Best Sound Design
- DokuFest, Prizren 2019 – Special Jury Mention