We humans are a force of nature. At the same time human activities alter the basic elements of life – earth, air, water, and fire – those elements change human life in turn. In this riveting and visually rich drama blending art and science, we follow renowned environmental photographer James Balog as he explores wildfires, hurricanes, sea level rise, a struggling coal mining community, and our changing air supply. With rare compassion and heart, The Human Element highlights Americans on the front lines of climate change, inspiring us to re-evaluate our relationship with the natural world.
- AreDay 2018 - Impact Film
- EarthXFilm 2018 - Catalyst Award
- Colorado Film & Video Association 2019 - Best Documentary
- Newport Beach Film Festival 2018 - Best Environmental Documentary
- 2019 Novim Epiphany Award for Science Awareness at Stanford University
- SCAD Savannah Film Festival 2018 Best Documentary